Amy Margolies, PhD
I am a full time consultant and a public health specialist, researcher and technical advisor with ten years of international work experience. My expertise is in program evaluation, agriculture-nutrition linkages and gender. I have a Ph.D. in International Public Health with a specialization in Health Systems from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
My research has focused on evaluating development interventions that aim to improve food security and nutrition, such as agriculture-nutrition projects and social protection programs comparing vouchers, cash and food transfers. I have experience in mixed-methods research, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, randomized control trials (RCTs) and cost effectiveness analysis (CEA).
- Research and evaluation design, instrument and tool development
- Programming and data analysis (Stata, NVivo), report and manuscript writing
- Communicating results to inform decision-making
- Improving program design and implementation and providing policy recommendations
- Project & Field Management
- Languages: English (Native), Portuguese (Fluent), Spanish (Fluent), French (basic)
Latin America (Brazil, Guatemala, Peru, Ecuador, Mexico)
Sub-Saharan Africa (Ethiopia, Uganda, Guinea-Bissau, Malawi, Mali)
Asia (Bangladesh, India, East Timor)